Abbeygates use only the best materials and craftsmanship when making our gates to ensure they are durable, stylish and work for their best purpose, security.
Wrought iron is an iron alloy with very low carbon content. It is very strong but malleable, that is why it is used in some of the best structures in the world, such as the Eiffel tower.
The benefits of wrought iron gates:
- Slag fibres present within the wrought iron provide a mechanical barrier to prevent corrosion
- Good Maleability, this means the wrought iron can be manipulated in order to create ornate designs
- Wrought iron can be galvanized, this protects the metal from weathering corrosion and accidental damage
- Unlike wood it is not susceptable to moisture
- Gates provide security and safety, especially when locked
- Will increase your properties value
After we are done manufacturing your design choice we will start a galvanizing process and finish with a powder coat which ensures your gates withstand weathering and rusting.
Why choose Abbeygates to install your wrought iron gates?
- We have a portfolio of designs
- We can adhere to bespoke designs
- We offer a free call out service
- We have over 25 years experience in metal fabrication
- We can automate almost all gates
- We design, manufacture and install our gates within our own company, meaning we don’t bring outside companies in to do groundwork
Call us now on 01294 835294 to get a free call out estimate and measuring service. We serve all areas surrounding Glasgow, Stirling, Perth and Edinburgh.