Automatic Electric Gates
We can supply fully automatic gates, cantilever or sliding gates, automatic swinging gates and roller shutter doors.
Abbey Gates can design and provide the automatic gate that meets your needs. An Automatic gate for industrial, commercial and domestic applications can be custom-made and installed throughout Scotland.
Automatic gates are becoming more common throughout Scotland. Electric gate openers are now available for all kinds of gates, from sliding gates to swing gates. Entrances to our homes have become increasingly more important. This is due to a need for security, safety, controlled access, and to enhance the appearance and value of our homes.
View our Automatic Gate Gallery
What is an automatic gate?
An automatic gate can swing/slide open and shut at your convenience. This is due to its built-in mechanism that is operated by the push of a button or from the signal of a metal surface sensor.
How does an automatic gate work?
There are two types of systems that can be installed in order to automate a gate; these are: Electromechanical systems
- The power which allows the electromechanical opener to work comes from your main electricity supply.
- Hydraulic systems are given this name as they use hydraulic fluids to operate the opening process of the gate.
- They are very powerful and are usually used for large, heavy gates
How do I open my automatic gate?
There are a few ways in which an automatic electric gate can be opened:
- Once your installation has been completed, we will give you an automatic gate opener. This is a small remote allowing you to open the gate at your convenience from up to 50 metres away, which is perfect for rainy days!
- A voice or video intercom system can be installed outside your electric gate. When a guest visits you, they just have to push the button on the intercom box, and a buzzer inside your house will alert you that they are outside. The visitor can request to enter your property by speaking into the intercom. Once you are happy with the guest, you can press a button on the box, and the gate will open for them.
- Your intercom system will also have a keypad on it. This is useful if you are out and need someone to enter the property such as a gardener or cleaner, for example.
- We will also give you a unique key. This will allow you to manually open and shut your automatic gate in case there is a power cut.
When you call us, what is the process of installing your automatic gate?
- Call and arrange a free call-out to generate a risk assessment. We will measure the driveway, assess your preferences for security and finally generate a quote for you
- You choose the design of the automatic gate whether it is from our portfolio gallery or one of your own designs
- Manufacture the automatic gate in our workshop and begin the groundwork
- Galvanise the automatic gate to ensure it is not susceptible to accidental damage and weathering
- Paint the automatic gate with a weatherproof paint that eliminates flaking and rusting
- Hang the automatic gates after cabling and groundwork
- Complete access controls and hand over keypad password and automatic gate remotes
How safe are automatic gates?
The Health and Safety Executive has encouraged all installers, designers and manufacturers of electronic gates that there is new safety advice. Therefore we at Abbey Gates follow these guidelines
Electric or automatic gates are designed to stop if someone gets in the way. Installers and those maintaining these gates have a real duty to ensure this happens.They must take their responsibilities seriously to make sure that anti-crushing, shearing and trapping safety protection devices are correctly set and maintained. HSE’s Director of Field Operations
Why buy automated gates from Abbey Gates:
- Controlled access
- Increased privacy
- Family and pet protection
- Stop people using your driveway for parking or u-turning
- Reduced risk of theft
- Insurance benefits
- It is an investment that increases the value of your home
Galvanising automatic metal gates ensure its longevity and durability. Galvanizing is the process of coating iron and steel with a layer of zinc by passing it through a molten bath at a temperature of 460°C. When taken out of the bath and exposed to the atmosphere, the zinc reacts with oxygen to form zinc oxide. This then reacts further with carbon dioxide to form zinc carbonate. This stops corrosion by protecting the steel below from the elements which can cause rusting. We will then paint the surface with weatherproof paint to avoid flaking.
What are the benefits of automatic gates?
- A fully automated gate system will instantly increase the security of your property
- It is generally safer to stay inside your car when returning after a late night out. It is definitely warmer and more comfortable. So no more opening those gates in the rain or snow again. Just press the remote control and drive-in
- They increase the value of your home
- They can be opened manually with a personalised key in case of power cuts
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and is the third largest in the UK. It is well known for its architectural beauty, so why not buy a professionally designed automatic gate to add some architectural beauty to your home.
Automatic gates in Glasgow, Scotland can be installed in your home quickly and efficiently by our company. Below are the many reasons why people want an automatic gate;
- Great first impression
- Increase house value
- Increased safety and security
- Children and pets are safe behind the gates
- Convenient access
The security and safety of automatic gates
People’s need to have security and safety in the home has risen considerably in the last few years. Security and safety are key in this economy, it is important that we protect all our assets from theft and vandalism. Here are several reasons why an electric driveway gate can benefit your home’s safety:
- An electric gate closes automatically behind you meaning you don’t have to get out of your car to manually shut your automatic gate (they are extremely hard to move without the use of your automatic gate remote or by using your personal bypass key to manually open the gate)
- Steel and iron are extremely strong, robust metals and meaning they are extremely hard to break through or damage
- Electric or automatic gates come with an intercom placed outside the driveway in order for visitors to speak through the intercom which will allow them to gain access with your permission at the press of a button from inside your home
- Children and pets are unable to leave the grounds when the gates are shut
- An automatic gate will immediately halt if there is an object in its way, protecting people and cars
Why are automatic gates convenient and practical?
Gate transmitter remotes for your automatic gate can have a range of up to 100 meters if required therefore, there is no need to leave your car to open the swing gates. If you lose your gate fob you can easily have it replicated by Abbeygates. In addition, you can have as many key fobs as you require for your family etc.