Scotland is a fantastic place to live, the scenery is spectacular and the cities are jam-packed with beautiful buildings. However, the weather could be better, that’s why at Abbey Gates we recommend having your gates and railings galvanized and painted to protect them from damage and weathering.
If required we can galvanise your gates to ensure their longevity and durability. Galvanizing is the process of coating iron and steel with a thin layer of zinc by passing it through a molten bath at a temperature of 450°C. When exposed to this atmosphere, the zinc reacts with oxygen to form zinc oxide, which then reacts further with carbon dioxide to form zinc carbonate. This creates a strong material that stops corrosion by protecting the steel below from the elements which cause rusting.
What are the benefits of galvanizing and priming your new driveway gate?
- Ensures your gates or railings give the best first impression
- Saves you money as galvanized iron and steel has long-lasting effects
- This type of coating has a unique metallurgical structure which has a high resistance to damage, rusting or staining
- Due to the object being ‘dipped’, the molten zinc is able to cover an entire surface without missing out hard-to-reach corners.
- Molten zinc (unlike other coatings) has a surprisingly thick build up on the steel or iron object’s corners
- Priming the galvanized coat is necessary, this ensures the paint goes on evenly and is resistant to peeling
This process will cost extra, but we definitely recommend it to all our customers for all gate and railing purchases from Abbey Gates. So Contact us today for more information on our outstanding products and services.